Every year it in the Crazy Quilter’s Guild, the president issues some kind of quilting challenge to the members. This year our president, Cheryl, handed out four small squares of ‘ugly’ fabric and challenged us to add our own fabric and make a charity quilt out of them. One rule was that you can’t cut the ugly squares – you have to use them as is. I gave it a lot of thought and came up with this:
It still needs to be quilted, but at least the top is done. I think the deadline is October or November so I am a bit ahead of schedule — that’s a unique sensation for me!
I added one ‘ugly’ square to the pack I received and then turned them into wonky stars. I think it came out pretty well. One error I made was in the size. I forgot that it was suppose to be smaller than it is. I am sure Project Linus will find a use for it even if it is disqualified for the challenge.