I just got the borders on this and all ready for the next class tomorrow morning. This is actually blocks one and two, but since the January meeting was canceled because of snow, we got them both at the February meeting. I pieced the backgrounds and worked on them as one block. The most complicated part was choosing the fabrics. I think I am happy with this combination. Here is a picture:
This is all done except for that bit of greenery against the lower edge of the house. It is just pinned on. I am still deciding whether to keep it there. I cut out a couple of motifs from the grass fabric and can turn the edges under and applique it down.
I wonder what the next block will be.