The Crazy Quilters guild that I joined recently has something called the president’s challenge. Every year the club president challenges the members to make a quilt from a pattern she selects or designs. This year the quilt is lap sized and once finished, will be donated to the Linus Project. Over the last couple of days, I have been making my quilt for this challenge.
I didn’t have enough of any fabric I liked for a kid friendly quilt, but my friend Sharon dug in her stash and came up with this wonderful animal print. I scrounged the peachish and green fabrics from my own stash and got to cutting. Here is a picture of the blocks before final assembly:
I think it is a nice combination of blocks. Not to complex, still it is interesting to look at. It doesn’t really show in this picture, but the peach sortof picks up on the various oranges and the green has some variegation that kindof matches the greens in the focus fabric.
Today, I got the top all put together. Here is is:
Since I had some cut pieces left over, I used them in the backing. Here that is:
You can see that I pinned the backing right over the top on the design wall. The triangles on the border are showing through the peach border. I made binding from the focus fabric, which I think will frame the quilt nicely. I have to get this quilted and bound by the first Wednesday in December. Good thing it is not very big. It’s a good couple of days work. I may even make another one just for myself.