Catching Up

For the last few days, I have been adding some machine embroidery (buttonhole stitch) on the big flower bowl applique that has been on the design wall for like a hundred years. I just finished it up and took a picture.

2009-09-17 flower bowl

Between my wonderful camera and the overcast day, the background looks more lavender than peach. Just try to imagine it as peach. I don’t know if you can see the actual stitching, so I took a close-up:

2009-09-17 flower bowl 2

Well, I don’t know if that helped eiher. The leaves and stems are edged with a varigated green, most of the flower petals are edged in a varigated red/orange/yellow, and the centers are a bright yellow. It looks pretty good in person. It was more fun to work on than I had expected once I got into the rythym of it. The stitch a couple stitches, stop, reposition the fabric, stitch a couple more stitches.

Now I need to decide on a border or two and quilt it. You may remember, this is going on a wall in my kitchen, and some of the fabrics in the flowers match the placemats I made a while back.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s