Here are the blocks for the weed whacker quilt. I have been putting them together off and on over the last week or so and just finished the 12th one today. Now, I am deciding whether I want sashing between them or not before I go any further. Sashing would make it a little bigger quilt which would be nice, but I would have to go out and buy some kind of pink for the sashing, and I don’t know if I want to do that. I think it might just be big enough as it is.
The whole idea is to work with what I have on hand. I have enough of a hot pink solid to make a nice narrow border around the blocks once they are together. And then I could sew together all the half’square triangle blocks that I cut off when I made the points on the ends of the sub units. I could trim them up and maybe have enough for a second border and then finish it with a white border.
I wrote all that yesterday and saved the entry instead of posting it. Today, I have decided to skip the sashing and have started sewing the blocks together. I will use the hot pink as a narrow border and then make the second border with the half square triangles and then add some plain white on the outside.
This little quilt will go on the daybed. That will make two pink quilts I have for the daybed which is perfect. One can go on the top mattress and the other on the trundle bed.
Look at the new members of the household. We got these little darlings today. They had been born and taken up residence in an outbuilding of a local hospital. There were five kittens all together and I would have loved taking all of them, but I know that would be too much to handle even in this big house. The dark one is calico and female (of course). Raymond named her Zeena. The tan one is a boy, and I am still thinking of a name for him.