Over the last couple weeks, we have moved my ‘studio’ into the empty living room. Although I managed to get all my sewing stuff (well most of it) into the back bedroom, it was a little crowded. Since we haven’t gotten around to deciding on living room furniture, we decided the space might be used more fully as my sewing room. The light in the daytime is wonderful. This room is a little over 13′ x 17′. I can get a big cutting table and still have room to move around in it.
We moved the queen sized bed that was in the littlest bedroom into the back one (where it was when we bought the house) and set up the daybed in the littlest room. Everything fits and functions better.
Back to the design wall. I had this idea some time ago and finally got to see if it works. We got 3 pieces of pvc pipe, two elbows and two endcaps. The just kind of snapped together like toys into a u-shape. (Raymond had to cut the two upright pieces to fit the wall). Then I got a queen sized batting at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon and pinned it to the top pole and used a little double sided tape to attach a small piece of felt to the corner pieces where they touch the wall. Finally, we leaned it up against the wall — instant design wall! I think the pvc parts cost a little over $12 and the batting was $8.50. I am very pleased with it. I put some old blocks up for the picture. The top row stuck fine all by itself, but the other two rows kept falling off so I had to pin them. I probably should have gotten a cotton batting istead of polyester. I am on the lookout for a large flannel sheet because I think I have heard that flannel sticks better.